Site news

Picture of Mike Dronen
How Do You Collaborate?
by Mike Dronen - Wednesday, April 27, 2011, 6:06 PM

Since January, 2011 the use of both moodle and especially google apps have been steadily on the increase. The graph below is just part of a larger story showing how students (and teachers and other staff) are using google for their work - particularly the steady rise in using these tools collaboratively.
Graphic showing that online collaboration using google is dramatically increasing

Picture of Abby Brown
Re: How Do You Collaborate?
by Abby Brown - Thursday, April 28, 2011, 10:06 AM

Hello, Mike,

I am actually using Google Docs to 'collaborate' with parents on work completion....several students claiming they finished or deleted a document that was to be shared with me... ;-) I just went on-line to see how many 'late' assignments have been 'turned in.'

This week, Wayne also worked with my class on a collaborative Green Newspaper for Marine. The kids were so engaged, I couldn't get them washed up for lunch on time! They are digging learning like this. Our 6th grade class editors are teaching me a few things...I AM an old dog learning new tricks.

Would love to add to our 'cart' so that we have enough for our biggest class...we are currently short 6 laptops. I am sure others would agree, it would make what we can accomplish increase like the graph you posted! :-)

Abby

(Edited by Mike Dronen - original submission Wednesday, 27 April 2011, 06:29 PM)

Picture of Craig Seath
by Craig Seath - Thursday, April 28, 2011, 6:51 AM

Hi All,

Here is an example of students collaborating across school districts using Google Docs.

http://www.stillwater.k12.mn.us/Spotlight.html

Craig Seath
Picture of DYLAN PASIUK
by DYLAN PASIUK - Tuesday, January 17, 2012, 9:24 PM

heybud
Picture of OLIVIA KLEPAC
by OLIVIA KLEPAC - Wednesday, November 14, 2012, 5:19 PM

Lakshmsmmmsmsskkkskkm,m,
Picture of OLIVIA KLEPAC